Here are a few of my favorite Gifts to give this year:
1. I Just love the idea behind The Giving Keys , AND the necklaces & bracelets are super cool!
“When you get this Key, you must give it away at some point to a person you feel needs the message, then write us the story of why you gave it away.
We employ those looking to transition out of homelessness.” -The Giving Keys
2. Along with being a hot trend, Alex & Ani Charity by design products donate a percentage back to designated non-profits, their products are made in the USA from recycled materials, and spread the message of positive energy! They have branched out from bangles to key chains, and candles, wine charms & more!
3. I constantly get compliments on my Mielie bag and love the mission of the company, I love it even more so after my visit to a couple of the townships in South Africa.
Our mission is to design and produce innovative, export-quality hand-crafted products using reclaimed materials – with the aim of creating employment and restoring dignity and financial independence to South Africans.- Mielie
4. I am obsessed with Babs felted bags that are made by a local artist in Rhode Island, so many beautiful styles to choose from!
5. The Anchal Project Mission merges design, business, and education to empower marginalized and exploited women living in India. Their scarves are gorgeous and the company was founded by two Rhode Island School of design Grads!
Anchal is an Indian word that means shelter, or refers to the edge of a woman’s Sari used to provide comfort and protection for loved ones.-Anchal Project
6. Ethiopian Textiles are stunning and FashionABLE Scarves drape you in style while helping to support women and families in Ethiopia.
“Through your purchase, you are ABLE to provide opportunity, and a woman is ABLE to have a new choice.”-LiveFashionABLE
7. Give the gift of music with the new Dance (RED) Saves lives Album. The 9.99 you pay will can provide 25 days of life saving medication. 100% of proceeds from all (RED) Products goes to support the Global Fund to fight AIDS, TB and malaria.
8. When you purchase gifts from UncommonGoods , which is a B Corporation (and my favorite gift catalog) you can choose which charity from their Better To Give program they will automatically donate $1.00 to on your behalf at checkout.
9. Kids Books from Little Pickle Press, also a B Corporation, with the BEST books for kids!
Goats can help pull families out of extreme poverty by giving them milk to sell at the markets, providing a much-needed source of income.
Heifer International and The ONE Campaign have joined forces to help end extreme poverty. Heifer International works with smallholder farmers to promote economic self-sustainability and good health. ONE is an advocacy organization of more than 3 million people who use their voices to influence policies that fight extreme poverty and preventable disease.
For more ideas Visit My Mindful Giving Gift Guide For The Foodie!
1. Godiva Chocolate in a FEED bag! What could be a better combination than chocolate, philanthropy and fashion?! Each FEED 10 bag provides 10 school meals for children, and women in Liberia handcraft each one.
2. Anything Tory Burch, but Shop for a cause makes spending all that money feel better! All purchases from the Tory Burch Shop for a Cause store donate a portion to the Tory Burch Foundation which provides economic opportunities to women and their families in the United States.
3. For the eco-conscious mom who loves to entertain, this beautiful Sparq cheese plate is made from re-purposed soapstone. Soapstone absorbs and retains various temperatures, so it functions as a warmer to keep appetizers warm, or a cooler that keeps cheese plates or sushi cool. Just stick it in the oven or freezer before setting out your food. This one was sent to me to try out and I totally love it, for both its form and function!
4. Felix Doolittle stationary Products: You will find the most beautiful designs in book plates, food labels, stationary and note cards. It is just hard to choose one design!
Don’t forget the option of a homemade gift; those are always my favorite ones as a mom!
* I received a free Sparq soapstone thermal appetizer plate for reviewing purposes. (and I totally love it! Thank you Sparq!) All my opinions are my own and not swayed by outside sources.