I believe that the best gifts are those that are meaningful. By that I mean either globally in the form of a gift that gives back, personally in the form of sentiment, or thoughtfully supporting something the receiver is passionate about. I know I’m not the only one out there passionate about food, so here are a few suggestions for the epicurean in your life.
Gifts For The Foodie:
1. Jerusalem the cookbook: If Cous Cous could bring peace, then this book is needed more than ever right now. It is a gorgeous cookbook filled with delicious recipes by two chefs who both grew up in Jerusalem. One a Muslim, one a Jew who met in London as chefs and became friends and collaborators. They have worked together to create what they have admitted to be a self-indulgent, nostalgic trip to their past in this guide to the flavors of their youth. This is more than just a cookbook, filled with beautiful photography and regional history it delivers more than just rich flavors of food, but culture as well.
2. Have you noticed the foodie trend this year seems to be flavored sea salt? I think a set of samples would make a great gift to a hostess or for the holidays!
3.Combine a gift set of various flavored sea salts with a few flavored olive oils and I think you’ve got the foodie on your list covered!
4. Throw in some exotic gourmet chocolate from Vosges if you really want to put them over the top!
5. The Dean & Deluca Limited Edition Pantry Feed Bag is a way to feed hungry children along with the food lover in your life. The FEED bag comes filled with pantry staples from Dean & Deluca.
6. The OXO Be A Good Cookie Spatula 50% of the proceeds of each cookie spatula will go to pediatric cancer research. Not only is this Spatula a great cooking tool, but also a constant reminder to “Be a Good Cookie.”